Laboratory Equipment Calibration
With technology constantly improving, quality control has become increasingly important. With quality control comes the need for compliance and subsequently calibration and validation of equipment.
Henderson Biomedical is qualified and accredited to ensure compliance on all manner of laboratory equipment, from centrifuges, to heat sealers, to incubators.
Below is a list of services that we offer.
- Speed: Speed calibration is a common calibration procedure. Using a handheld strobe tachometer, externally calibrated annually to NPL standards, the speed of the centrifuge is measured using the rotor, and checked against the speed display. A validation certificate is issued to confirm the results.
- Temperature; (refrigerated machines only): Using a calibrated electronic thermometer, the temperature inside the bowl of the centrifuge is checked against the reading on the display of the machine. A validation certificate, traceable to NPL standards, is issued to confirm the results.
- Temperature: By far the most important validation procedure for any heat sealer. Using an externally calibrated electronic thermometer and traceable to NPL standards, the actual heat supplied to seal the pouch is measured and checked against the value on the display of the machine. A validation certificate is issued to confirm the results.
- Validation of sealing pressure: Using a custom made calibration rig, the pressure exerted on the pouch by the sealing wheel/pressure roller is checked and a validation certificate issued to confirm the results.
- Pouch destruction testing: Using a specialised rig, a batch of 10 sealed pouches are tested to confirm the pressure required to break the seal. Pouches are tested and verified to BSEN868-5 requirements and a validation certificate is issued to confirm the results.
- Sealing speed: We can check the sealing speed of any heat sealer, and advise if the manufacturers specifications are not being met.
Incubators, fridges and warming cabinets:
- Temperature: Using a calibrated electronic thermometer, tracebale to NPL standards, the temperature inside the cabinet is checked against the reading on the display of the machine if present, or manufacturers guidelines. Multiple temperature calibrations can be carried out if your incubator offers temperature cycling, and a validation certificate is issued to confirm the results.